School Vision & Values
Aim high and believe, learn and achieve.
At King George V it is our aim that:
At King George V everyone thrives and fulfils their potential
In order to achieve this vision, we strive for our school to be a school which:
- Is reflective, ambitious and relentless in its drive for continual improvement and excellence
- Is a nurturing environment which enables children to be happy, curious, positive, and resilient, with high self-esteem and self-belief
- Supports children to be curious, develop a life-long love of learning, contribute fully and achieve well both academically and personally
- Encourages children to develop as confident learners who learn well with and from others, enjoy challenge and appreciate constructive criticism, understand the learning process, are resilient and recognise that success comes through effort, practice and perseverance
- Offers a challenging, safe, stimulating and rewarding environment for teaching, learning and play, and is well organised, staffed and managed to achieve the highest standards of learning, personal development and behaviour
- Provides a dedicated team of staff who are committed to developing children’s knowledge, skills, attitudes and understanding and inspires them to enjoy learning, achieve success and feel content and fulfilled
- Is inclusive, with high aspirations and ambition for all pupils and enables each and every pupil to make the very best progress and achieve the very best they are capable of both academically and personally
- Provides full and genuine equality of opportunity for all, celebrating diversity and individuality within and beyond our school community
- Empowers parents, carers and families to be highly-effective partners in their child’s personal and academic development.